Now I have 5 children and it seemed that my ovaries had quit producing cysts. In January of 2011, we joyously told our children that there would be a new addition to our family. Sadly, I miscarried again at only 7 weeks gestation.
This seemed to begin the spiral of bad things that began happening in our lives. 2011 was a tough year with 2012 running neck and neck with difficulties, trials, and tribulations.
All of this took a toll on my body and I had numerous symptoms of poor health.
I counted 17 symptoms at one time. This had to stop!
I began researching how to help my health and the health of our family's...the Natural Way! I learned that my hormones were out of balance and this was causing a lot of my problems. I began taking an herbal regiment to help this.
My purpose: to conceive again.
After four months and no change, I dug into research much farther. We began to make subtle changes in our home. We made healthier choices in the way we ate, yet we did not see much improvement in our health.
Our whole family went on a 10 day Daniel Fast. We made many changes; some we liked and have held onto, some we hated and decided we couldn't live without.
- We still do not make sweet tea at home. Our choices of drinks are water, milk, and juice.
- I haven't had a cup of coffee since the last week of April. Have switched to herbal teas.
- We use only pure cane sugar; no more bleached, processed stuff.
- We rarely eat canned goods; try to eat fresh or frozen as much as possible.
- We have completely eliminated (or almost) Aspartame, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and MSG from our diet.
- We are cutting back on the amount of chips we eat. This has always been a favorite of ours!
- We only drink pop or tea for special occasions.
- Our desserts are usually 10 M&Ms for each person after supper. This is because our daddy LOVES frozen M&Ms and LOVES to share! Moderation is our goal!
We are not perfect and have a long way to go, but we are feeling better each day.
Next, I will share with you what I, specifically, have been doing for almost two months. If you follow me on face book, you know that I am losing weight. I will explain what I am doing and what led me to this decision.
What began to help me conceive is now a plan to help me become more healthy.
If conception occurs, Yippee!!!