Are you the color Red?
Let's find out!
Reds are our power wielders in society. They like to get things done, no matter what and no matter who gets in their way. They move very forcefully through life and typically do not feel they have any limitations. Reds are motivated by power!
Characteristics of Reds:
You are the most dominant and intimidating of all of the colors. You are highly committed to causes and very intense about daily activities. You seek action and results and crave productivity. You ask only for the bottom line; no hype and certainly no emotions. You are very decisive and are fearful of little to nothing except failing. You tend to be a little selfish, can be arrogant and insensitive simply because you are moving from A to B and don't want to be hindered along the way. You are not a "stop and smell the roses" kind of person. Because you appear so confident, not many people dare try to confront you. You have ready answers and solutions. You can tend to be demanding, critical of others and impatient. You expect results and don't like it when they take too long in getting here. (This hinders you from getting to B, remember?)
Some of your strenghts are as follows:
As a committed companion:
- highly protective of companion
- loyal to relationship
- usually takes care of the financial books
- initiates activities
As a parent:
- resourceful provider
- quick with good advice and direction
- generates focused activities for children
- highly efficient during disasters or emergencies
- engages in conflict with candor
- productive in solving dilemmas
Some of your limitations are as follows:
As a committed companion:
- demanding and arrogant
- critical of spouse's imperfections
- poor listener
- maintains high expectations but offers little emotional support
- demands compliance with strict obedience
- difficult to please-remains unimpressed
- strong sense of right and wrong (your right and wrong!)
- insensitive and unemotional
- listens when convenient
- expects friends to do things your way
- negative, critical, and judgmental of others
There is so much more to share on the Reds, but I must refrain. The Blues are wondering when I will get to them, the Yellows are pretty interested, but if I don't hurry they will lose interest, and the Whites really don't mind waiting until I get to the rest of this!
I will share about the Blues that make up 35% of our population and are the glue that holds us all together next time! I hope you will stay with me on this part of the journey where you will learn so much about yourself and those you interact with each day. And I hope you will be as impacted as I was!
Blessings until then,
For the introduction to this whole Color Code thing, go here. :)
P.S. The information I gave you was cited from all I learned at a Motive Matters Seminar with Van and Tammy Benson and from the book The People Code by Dr. Taylor Hartman.