Need a little humor this morning? I thought it would be fun to compile a list of ways you know you are a mommy. I hope all of the mommies will find themselves somewhere in this list and be able to smile. I hope you that are not mommies yet will not let this deter you from becoming one! Read on...
You know you are a mommy when...
1. While Daddy is holding the baby, she inevitably spits up all over both of them. You grab the wet wipes and clean up the baby first while your husband is gagging!
2. You post on face book when your toddler says his first words, "da-da"!
3. You teach your baby to read before he can walk!
4. You clean your baby's pacifier by sticking it in your mouth!
5. Your toddler goes "potty" with you, hands you the toilet paper, flushes for you and applauds when you are done!
6. Your toddler writes all over the walls, floor and her body and you grab the camera before you grab the paddle!
7. You have tried at least once to put your husband in time out!
8. Your older children ask you to not sing-song everything you say!
9. You have tried to catch vomit in your hands! Ew Yuck!
10. While eating out with another couple you excuse yourself from the table by saying you need to go "potty"!
11. You remember every detail of your first child's birth, you remember the date and time of your second child's birth and you remember the name of your third child!
12. You have more children than you do dollars in your purse!
13. You have experienced Sunday morning panic because one child cannot find their shoes and then realize when you get to church you are still in your house shoes!
14. Your intimates consist of Granny panties and nursing bras!
15. The last book you read was Green Eggs and Ham!
16. The last movie you saw and enjoyed was Finding Nemo and the kids were not even with you!
17. Luxury used to mean a Girls Day Out with manicures, pedicures and a shopping spree. Now it just means getting to go to the bathroom by yourself!
18. You think nothing of digging for boogers or ear crud from your baby, changing a poopie diaper, or cleaning up spit up and can do each task thoroughly with using only one baby wipes!
19. You can do almost anything one handed because the baby is in the other hand!
20. You're up until 12 AM each night vacuuming, dusting, wiping, washing, drying, loading, unloading, cooking, shopping, driving, flushing, ironing, sweeping, picking up, dropping off, changing sheets, changing diapers, bathing, home schooling, blogging, paying bills, budgeting, clipping coupons, face booking, folding clothes, putting to bed, dragging out of bed, brushing, chasing, scolding, discipling, "refereeing", praying, buckling, feeding (them, not you), PLUS swinging, pushing trucks, cuddling dolls, football, catch, bubbles, sprinklers, slides, nature walks, coloring, crafts, jumping rope, PLUS raking, mowing, painting, and walking the dog. You get up at 6:00 AM and you have no time to eat, sleep, drink or go to the bathroom, and yet . . . you still managed to gain 10 pounds!
I hope you were able to smile and maybe laugh out loud as you read over this list. It is such a joy to be a Mommy and sometimes we need a little humor to remind us of this. I would love it if you would add to this list of your own ways "You Know You're a Mommy..." in the comment section!